Thursday, March 12, 2009

Janus et Cie party

Tonight after work I stopped by the opening party for Janus et Cie hosted by Architectural Digest in their new store on Cadys alley here in DC. I got there before the crowds luckily so was able to get a few shots of the beautiful store.
They had BEAUTIFUL spring flowers set up everywhere, a touch of spring even with todays blast of cold air!
Anne from LA was able to show us through the new product lines, really impressive! The furniture is all as well designed as could be desired!
I especially loved this set of table and chairs: I could see this inside or out, what do you think?
I loved the green orchids floating in the bowl too.In the center of the store is this huge atrium with fake greenery climing the walls. It's so beautiful! They had a live band in the atrium space playing, which was really nice (as well as the full bar!).
I've always loved these exterior daybeds - PERFECT for near a pool! Couldn't you spend all day in this? Anne told us that it's available in a full sized mattress as well!

If you find yourself in Georgetown check out their new store!! or online at Janus et Cie

9 comments:

Julio Muao said...

A very nice store. I do love the white table set and could see that outdoors as well. The wall covered with greenery sounds beautiful. That's exactly what I want for the walls in my backyard but with Boston Ivy. Thanks Stefan.

Unknown said...

I was just at their showroom in San Francisco. I love love their product!!

custardbydesign said...

absolutely mad about the geometric cream table and four chairs... and love the fake greenery in the internal courtyard...

pve design said...

Oh - this little bird wants to fly into that atrium, perched right on that day-bed. Stunning shop.
Glad to "see" that graced "Janus et Cie."
pve

ALL THE BEST said...

Wow, I love the atrium! Very chic!!

Grant K. Gibson said...

You know I love a Janus et Cie party!
The important question of the day is on the first shot of the exterior is that really a Xmas wreath still up in March? Oh you know that stuff just KILLS me!

ArchitectDesign™ said...

grant, fear not! I took that picture back in December for my post about Gtown at the holidays! I was hoping no one would notice, lol.
And yes, the store is uber chic everyone! Especially that atrium - i'm half tempted to bring my lunch there everyday LOL

katiedid said...

So funny! It looks just like the showroom in SF. I bet you had a great time.

cotedetexas said...

the showoom in Houston is in the center of the lobby. It is so unique and so very beautiful !!!! Love their product.