Monday, December 15, 2008

Domino book signing

I'm late to the game, I know, My Notting Hill and Homer's Odd isn't He have already talked about this better than I could. I'll put my own spin on the evening though! I went with a coworker and of course we first hit up the very well stocked bar; lots of munchies too! I got to meet the one author/editor of the book, Dara Caponigro who is an editor at domino and we talked for awhile as she signed my copy of the amazing book. She is the most gracious and friendly woman. Turns out her son and I share the same name! We had a nice talk for about 10 minutes before I went on to meet some blogger friends!
Here is the picture of me with Michele from My Notting Hill and Bob from Homer's Odd towards the end of the evening. It was so nice to meet some fellow local bloggers who appreciate DC and what it has to offer as much as I do :-)The gift bag was really generous! Not only did it include a copy of the magazine, but the host of the party, Mitchell Gold & Bob Williams, provided each guest with a piece of pottery! I got this beautiful green bowl. A friend of mine got a matching elaborate covered box. I was jealous but happy with my gift :-) The store was beautifully, but not over-the-top decorated for the season. My notting hill took a lot of great pictures of the store and what it had to offer.
I think the decorations weren't over the top and really showed off the pieces well. Purple and green is such a pretty combo, don't you think?
The flowers were beautiful! Lodadesigns (who got the covered box) really loved the flowers and blogged about them beautifully.
Towards the end of the party, it got a little less packed and I was able to get some pictures of the showroom and the crowd.
Everyone was having a GREAT time! Thanks again to Mitchell Gold & Bob Williams for a wonderful evening and gift bag!! Thanks also to Dara Caponigro for being such a pleasure to chat with!

20 comments:

My Notting Hill said...

Your pictures are great! I think they capture the mood better than mine. I got a roundish container w/cover but not ornate - good thing I didn't know the bags had different items in them as I might have embarrassed myself peaking through bags.

Michelle said...

I so love Mitchell Gold...the armchairs especially.

Looks like a nice time, and it's always great to meet other bloggers :)

David said...

Good for you, Waterworks should take a lesson!

It looks like a great evening, and how nice to meet other bloggers. Checking out their photos next...

ArchitectDesign™ said...

MNH -that sounds like the same candy dish / bowl / box -whatever. Much nicer than my bowl! I plan on getting a frog for my bowl though to experiment with. Not sure what else to do with it.
Michelle, I love the furniture there as well, they had HUGE sales, I wish I needed something/anything!
David, it was a very generous giftbag, overly so maybe! I feel bad about what I said about waterworks, I've already been yelled at, by the waterworks staff! SO EMBARESSING!

Renée Finberg said...

great looking showroom, i used to work with mitchell gold sofa's way back when i was with bloomie's furniture.

i must say, and i mentioned this to Notting Hill, that it looks to me a little bit like a blogger's orgy. no ?

and it looks like fun !

hig

pve design said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful time with us and your party favor looks simply divine, perhaps "cherries" for your bowl would be nice~ How nice to take something unique home.
Wishing I was there!

ALL THE BEST said...

Great photos and Dara Caponigro has amazing style! Isn't fun to meet fellow bloggers!!

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Renee, where haven't you worked! You've had such a full career, I'm jealous!
PVE, you would have fit right in -lots of bloggers and local designers, we had a blast!
ATB, Dara was really stylish and beautiful, a bit of NYC here in dowdy DC!

Mrs. Blandings said...

Fun to finally meet your friends, isn't it? Looks like a great event.

edi gardner said...

Loved your sweater :-)

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Thanks edi! Sort of my uniform these days- a vneck sweater with a tie!

Topsy Turvy said...

Stefan - thanks for sharing! You three bloggers look so cute in your v-neck sweaters & white shirts - was that planned?

-Lana

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Thanks Lana! No, that was just what I wore to work that day - I hadn't even noticed the coordination LOL.

Visual Vamp said...

You are so cute!
And thanks for taking me along to the party! You're a great date.
xo xo

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Thanks so much, VV *blush*

cotedetexas said...

I love your sweater - University of Texas orange - go Horns!!!!!

you looked so adorable!!!!

Joni

ArchitectDesign™ said...

thanks joni, thats just me in my work clothes ;-) I guess I do like some bright colors -you can't even see the tie! LOL -bright yellow orange and white. Shrinking violet?

Anonymous said...

Wow - an architect, handsome AND a clever, successful blogger! You have it all!

ArchitectDesign™ said...

wow, thanks 'mom'! I wouldn't put it that grandly - but thats really sweet :-)

Thomas said...

i was there also...great gift bag! i love domino and mG & Bw. Great store! i just wish i had an opportunity to network a little.

btw: Nice blog..i stumbled across it and will be sure to add it to my favorites. its always great to know other folks in dc who are interior design obsessed like myself.