Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Dining room

Just for Loda, I thought i'd post this really pretty PINK dining room from Larry Laslo via desire to inspire -one of my favorite blogs with tons of daily eye candy! I know Loda will LOVE this dining room! While generally I am not a pink fan, I love the overall use of this color as an ALMOST neutral tone. Those chairs are fantastic, as is the bench against the wall and the beautifully framed photography. This room has great basic bones too - high ceilings, glamorous chandelier, beautiful mouldings and a round dining table. Great for a dinner party!

8 comments:

pve design said...

Nothing makes a room glow more than that of "pink"-
If this dining room were mine, I would be hosting a dinner for the American Heart Association. All the foods would be Heart Healthy and have something pink. All guests would wear pink, or variations on pink, red, coral. My heart is beating a few beats faster just looking at that room. I heart it!

ArchitectDesign™ said...

PVE, what a great idea for a theme meal! How fun would that be! I'd definitely be up for that and wear pinks and reds :-) It would be fun to see what foods in those colors could be served! How inventive :-)

An Aesthete's Lament said...

I am a huge pink fan and this is terrific ... like crushed raspberries ...

ArchitectDesign™ said...

I think pink is very 'food'y - it seems very fitting to me in a dining room or kitchen. It reminds me the most of something I would like to eat...pink...hmmm

An Aesthete's Lament said...

That waterfall chandelier is rather like a Poiret dress immortalized by Erté ...

ArchitectDesign™ said...

That is a perfect description for it, AAL!

Loda said...

Thank you ArchitectDesgin!!! I do LOVE this room, although the bench is not pink I think that is my favorite thing, I remember my grandmother had something very similar in her house.

ArchitectDesign™ said...

I thought you might like it ;-)