Thursday, April 25, 2013

Georgetown Housetour - this weekend!

Don't miss the Georgetown house tour THIS WEEKEND - April 28. This is the longest running house tour in the country and benefits the ministries of St John's Episcopal Church.
 Nine beautiful houses of varying styles will be featured on the tour including these 4 pictured here.
Also included is a delightful tea at St John's Parish Hall. I'm most excited by seeing inside the Georgetown Stables below, long ago converted into a quirky residence. I saw them retouching some paint in preparation for the tour just a few weeks ago and it should prove to be very interesting!
Also upcoming as part of the Georgetown Housetour is a lecture given by architect Gil Schafer on May 9th. Information is at the housetour website. Hope to see you there (at both events)!!
Photos courtesy of the Georgetown Housetour.

6 comments:

Deana Sidney said...

HOuse tours are so much fun! WIsh I could be there! I can't wait to see your pictures (what does that castle look like inside I wonder????

ArchitectDesign™ said...

The first image? The turret does look castle-like, no? Pictures of interiors typically aren't allowed though unfortunately, but I'll let you know!

Woodside Park said...

Stefan - All these years, I didn't know this is the longest running house tour in the country. You are a wealth of information. Enjoy Frank's beautiful home! I was just there a couple weeks ago. Have a great weekend!

Windlost said...

Oh I have to convince David to plan our next DC/civil war trip around this!!! Did you get to Paris yet?? I'm behind on blog reading. Xo

The Down East Dilettante said...

Oh, to be in Georgetown for this tour

Things That Inspire said...

Is that Frank Babb Randolph's house? Wish I could be there...passing along the info to my sister!

Holly