Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Spoils of Market

While at market, other than checking out the latest trends I did some shopping for myself.  One of my favorite shops is the reproduction company Van Thiel & Co which also carries a selection of antiques which is where they got their start.  I picked up a fantastic framed watercolor signed E. Rotsaert from 1927 of a winter landscape at sunset. It arrived last night and I immediately hung it in my bedroom.  I love how it looks against my wall color, the sunset just pops.
Oddly enough the wall color is 'Tiffany Blue' from Sherwin Williams in their new Emerald label paint (which is the most fantastic paint to work with) even though it bears no resemblance to what one thinks "Tiffany Blue" should be. I hung the watercolor under my framed print by Jeremiah Goodman.
Have you found any treasures lately?

9 comments:

Karena said...

Hi Stefan,
Love your new watercolor; it is truly beautiful.

Happy Thanksgiving!
xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Mark D. Ruffner said...

Hi, Stefan - Thanks for including the link to Jeremiah Goodman. I enjoyed revisiting that site, which I find very inspiring!

Divine Theatre said...

Stefan,
Did you know the painting would match so perfectly when you bought it?
I love the mellow wall color, as well. Very soothing.
I recently found a French bed on Craigslist (of course). I have to paint it (of course). It wasn't cheap but it is so perfect for the guest room!
Have a lovely Tanksgiving, my friend.

xo

Andie

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Mark - I just love Jeremiah so much!

Andie - I never buy stuff to 'match' -I just buy what I like -and inevitably it all goes together! I did sort of think though that the dark blue gray would look good with the sunset though and planned on putting it in the corner of my bedroom! Can't wait to see your new project!

Windlost said...

How beautiful. A perfect, restful vignette.

Would love to see more of the room and that colour!

Will check out your link too.

Terri

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Terri, still SO much to do but I think i'll begin sharing some of it and asking for some design help along the way soon!

The Devoted Classicist said...

I've often wondered who names paint colors. 'Tiffany Blue' is not what I'd call a good match, however.

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

That is such a lovely color for a bedroom and mine own is SW Wondrous Blue. I was a long time devotee of Sherwin-Williams until I moved to Virginia. One of the very few things that is better in the place I used to live was the SW store. The one here is full of nincompoops and I have switched to Benjamin Moore.
I would love to see more of your abode as well.

pve design said...

If chestnuts count from Stop n Shop, then yes I found a treasure.
Lovely painting.
pve