Friday, December 4, 2009

Old brick church

I was in hallmark recently looking for a card and saw an architecturally correct model of an old romanesque church -and it was an ornament!Turns out this is the last of a series of 12. Hallmark has been doing faithful architectural renditions of churches for 12 years: Where have I been? The box even gives the history of the style and when it was most popular (1890s-1920s). Each little individual red brick is rendered on the facade, as well as a red clay tile roof, which you can't see in my poor photographs!
Who knew hallmark was giving architectural history lessons! I'm still not sure whether to hang this on the tree (you can insert a christmas light bulb inside to make the stained glass glow) or place it under the tree -like a little village. I think this is a great small gift for any architect friend or a child interested in architecture.Now I just have to collect the other 11!!
Find information on the ornament at hallmark HERE.

6 comments:

La Petite Gallery said...

Thanks so much.
I have a friend
who collect's those.

Good idea for Christmas gift.
yvonne

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Yvonne -it really is! Be sure to pick this one up for her!

Karena said...

I had no idea Stephan! I do go into the Hallmark up the street every year!

Janet said...

One word: eBay. And...why are they stopping at 12?

Anonymous said...

The "Old Brick Church" is Our Lady of Sorrows Catholic church Kansas City, MO. It shares a parking lot with Hallmark Card world headquarters. I found some terrific pix on the web using Google Images

John
Kansas City

Anonymous said...

Rather nice place you've got here. Thanx for it. I like such themes and anything connected to them. BTW, why don't you change design :).