Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas eve meal

I've been reading the book Classic Entertaining by Henrietta Spencer-Churchill and came across this beautiful dining room set for dinner in an Oxfordshire country house. Perfect for a Christmas eve meal, don't you think? Love these flowers, don't you?
And for dessert, how about these beautiful plates set alongside a bronze equestrian statue? I love how they are arranged to display how each plate is different -so organized too to prepare for dessert!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Christmas Stefan...and happy eating too :)

Scot Meacham Wood said...

this looks absolutely delightful. Wish I were there.

tartanscot

Kwana said...

Very pretty. Have a Merry Christmas!

Things That Inspire said...

Lady Henrietta Spencer Churchill is one of my favorites. I purchased one of her books at Blenheim Palace (her family's ancestral home in Oxfordshire), and it was the first design book I ever purchased!

Have you ever been to Blenheim Palace? It is one of my favorite places in England.

Julio Muao said...

wow, this is beautiful. I could definitely enjoy Christmas eve dinner at this table. You have great taste Stefan.

ALL THE BEST said...

One of my favorite books!!

Anonymous said...

cool blog