Friday, March 14, 2008

Where you live

I think most people take the places they live for granted. You soon get used to any beauty or amenities your town has to offer and basically ignore them. As you probably know I live in Washington, DC. Like most people I live in my own little bubble, see the same things everyday and never really think about what I'm seeing. This is a beautiful city! a park near my neighborhood

I just want to urge everyone to take a fresh look at your surroundings - appreciate what you have! Here are some photos of Washington's 'off the beaten track ' places that I see pretty often but never really LOOK at.

I pass this fountain on my way home from work pretty often

this dock is about 1 block from my office!

9 comments:

Loda said...

I can't believe you blogged about DC today, on my drive into work I was thinking the same thing, that I am so lucky to live here and how beautiful it is. DC rocks!

pve design said...

Good of you to point out the beauty right in your own backyard. DC is a lovely spot. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Even in other places i've lived, beauty was everywhere, PVE. It doesn't hurt though that DC is such a magnificent city though :-)

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Even in other places i've lived, beauty was everywhere, PVE. It doesn't hurt though that DC is such a magnificent city though :-)

The Peak of Chic said...

Wow! That image at top is gorgeous!

ArchitectDesign™ said...

yes, peak -i wish we had those redish moons every night! So enchanting!

Scott Fazzini said...

Louie, my Italian Greyhound, and I go to Meridan Park as often as possible. I get completely and totally lost in the architecture here, in DC. I heart DC!

Easy and Elegant Life said...

About time to check in at Dumbarton Oaks. The forsythia should be out in full force. Just one of the things I miss about our Washington days.

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Thats only a few blocks from my office, EAEL, and I plan on going up sometime next week on my lunch break for a walk around :-) Such a beautiful garden!