Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween!

Do you decorate for Halloween? I've never been interested in the holiday other than the candy (and I don't even have much of a sweet tooth!) but I do enjoy seeing how people have fun decorating their houses. This house above in the Kalorama neighborhood of Washington (recently renovated by BarnesVanze Architects) got into the spirit with this spooky ghost in the vestibule.
Georgetown is particularly spooky over Halloween with many houses decorating their front yards. Trick or treating in Georgetown is INSANE. I loved this corrugated plastic BOO! along O street in the East Village. Don't forget to brush your teeth!

5 comments:

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

I did Halloween in Georgetown once in college. Insane is an understatement! We almost got thrown down the Exorcist steps by a group of thugs.

Karena said...

Stefan I am not into Halloween decorating; however do enjoy the spooky craziness that others get into!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

Mark D. Ruffner said...

Hi, Stefan — I'm not particularly into Halloween, and because I'm surrounded mostly by retirees, the candy-seekers fortunately gravitate to other neighborhoods.

Ann said...

No sweet tooth?! I've discovered one of the joys of being a parent is the candy tax at Halloween - 10%. We've got pumpkins galore (cute little Japanese ones) but I ordered a bunch of spooky faux ravens. The crows here are freakishly large. The unintended upside has been the creepy real guys haven't been lurking since I put the fakies out. :D

Row homes and Cobblestones said...

Oh my how refreshing Stefan to hear you too do not have much of a sweet tooth! Give me savory anyday! I love Halloween with it's inventive and unique decorations, Last night we went to dinner in Lambertville NJ and we delighted in the creativity of all the quaint areas originality. Store bought costumes are the worst ... Cheap candy a big yuck ... but yes, indeed show me creative and I'm smitten.
xo,
Vera