Saturday, November 1, 2008

Tartan Plaid

I know tartans have been very popular lately but they've always been part of my life ( even my alma mater's mascot is a tartan plaid! seriously). Growing up we were very 'American 'and not very in touch with my Scottish heritage -but there was always an abundance of tartan plaids around especially at my grandparents. Maybe because of that I always associate them with Christmastime.
My favorite store, William Sonoma Home, is featuring some GREAT tartain plaids for the holidays. Aren't these just great, cozy little accessories for your home in the holiday or even all winter? (unfortunately the market has me in saving mode -not spending mode :-( )

5 comments:

vicki archer said...

Tartan for Christmas - I love it.

An Aesthete's Lament said...

When I was a small child, upon being asked my favourite colour, I replied, "Plaid".

pve design said...

One job that I had was to help a friend who was getting married in Scotland and the family plaid was uses as lovely shawls which I stitched with deep velvet ribbon to border the plaid. A sharp accessory to give to the bridal party, later, great for a cozy throw!

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

You are making my Scottish heart sing.

cassandra said...

i LOVE tartan for christmas! those pillows are divine... i wish they weren't WS Home, because i already know i can't afford them!