Friday, March 28, 2008

A friend's apartment

My friend Henry has amazing taste; these are some pictures from his apartment. It's very similar to my apartment because it's a studio in the middle of the city and space is at a premium. He decided to maximize the space by having a stylish futonbed which doubles as a couch.I just love the mix of colors, the tiffany blue and white with the wood floors. He installed the moldings himself for interest and installed the chandelier. For storage he has a mixture of white shelving and galvanized steel boxes. The white-painted table really lightens up that corner and leaving the chairs natural is a beautiful contrast. I think the whole effect is really elegant and chic! Hope you enjoy!

11 comments:

Loda said...

I love the white agaisnt the blue, it's so chic.

ArchitectDesign™ said...

I thought you would like it, Loda!!

The Peak of Chic said...

That shade of blue is so beautiful- snappy and tranquil all at the same time (if that's possible.) I also like the white molding. Very clever.

ArchitectDesign™ said...

I totally agree, POC -I think the strict blue and white color palette lends to the tranquility! Snappy - good adjective!

ArchitectDesign™ said...

I totally agree, POC -I think the strict blue and white color palette lends to the tranquility! Snappy - good adjective!

Henry E. Jones said...

Helloo everyone. In case you're curious: the paint is Blue Ground from Farrow & Ball's estate emulsion collection. The white is just regular eggshell from the hardware store.

Pigtown*Design said...

It's like a little jewel box... you can accomplish so much in a small space...

ALL THE BEST said...

Beautiful!! I love that shade of blue and the table looks like the perfect spot for an intimate dinner.

ArchitectDesign™ said...

I sometimes think the smaller the space, the more opportunities available and the better the outcome, PD! It forces creativity!

ArchitectDesign™ said...

I sometimes think the smaller the space, the more opportunities available and the better the outcome, PD! It forces creativity!

ArchitectDesign™ said...

It does look like the perfect spot for a cozy dinner, ATB! candle-lit of course!