Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Jack Spade opens in Georgetown

I was excited to find out that Jack Spade quietly opened up here in Georgetown last week. I had been intrigued by rumors they would be coming to DC for a year now and was caught off guard to find them just up the street! I've been going to the original store in Soho for years now every time I visit New York.They do the best job merhandising of any store I know so I wanted to share some of the interiors with you. You know it's not a 'normal' store right upon entering when you are greeted with a bright orange checkout counter. The displays are so well done you don't want to mess them up. I love that they mix in their famous bags with their line of clothing and even other fun items and books.


It all looks like a stylish gentleman's closet (or my dream closet!).The store is 2 floors with the second story being cavernous in size.I loved this little vignette of the beautiful rug and round table. I was glad to hear they used one of my favorite local vintage stores, Good Wood, for a lot of their furnishings.I could see myself carrying this pinstripe bag to work!Along the staircase are cubbies with a fascinating display of objects and books. I could spend all day here checking it out.But what is that light fixture in the foreground? I think it wins the award for cutest light ever: A miner on a rope carrying a lantern!A close up of the stair cubbies.Spread throughout the store are fun little displays - I wasn't sure if they were for sale but if so, I don't think they'll last long. I loved these offbeat toby jugs.And these vintage nutcrackers -I wanted to take the cute one on the right home with me!No detail was overlooked, not even the dressing rooms. I loved the color palette as well as the retro boy's wallpaper.























And what do you get for the guy in your life who has everthing? How about a ping pong paddle case!




In other Georgetown news, the park along the riverfront finally opened (across the street from the movie theater) and I'm loving this fountain!


You can visit the Jack Spade store at 1250 Wisconsin Avenue -just 2 blocks north of M street.

12 comments:

pve design said...

You mean your closet does not look like that? Ha.
I love the shop and that fountain and think it is high time I get myself down to GT.
pve

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Patricia, you must come down to visit your J Mclauglin store!

Windlost said...

Oh, I will have to check out the shop - it looks lovely. David will love it. You would enjoy so many of the things there to go with your classic gentleman style...! Thanks for the heads up.
Terri

The Devoted Classicist said...

That is an interesting light fixture. But do you think it might be a mountain climber instead of a miner?

Karena said...

Really good looking Stefan! I love the displays and fun objects!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Renée Finberg said...

i agree.
great merchandising.

i want to go there an snoop around.

xx

Grant K. Gibson said...

I think that you NEED the pinstripe bag!
And perhaps you could take up ping pong too!

grantkgibson.com
grantkgibson.blogspot.com

designchic said...

Such a beautiful store...looks like a great excuse to visit Georgetown!!

Anonymous said...

I believe this new Jack Spade store is quite close to Ralph Lauren's Georgetown store.

Susan kingori said...

Love the clothes & bag display.very neat work & the lighting from above looks nice.The wittle display jugs are cute also.Nice funny shop :)

Mark D. Ruffner said...

This looks like a fun store — certainly that miner's lamp alone is worth a trip!

Hels said...

The spaces for the clothes really DO look like a stylish gentleman's closet. The timber is gorgeous and the spaces are well designed. The stair cubbies are also useful spaces, but I wish they kept the timber its natural colour.