Tuesday, March 24, 2009

decorative plate

I realized it's been too long since my last china of the week post; Count this one as china of the month!
I recently rediscovered this unusual piece of Minton which I had forgotten about in the recesses of my cupboards. It now sits on my coffee table on a stack of current magazines (my favorite is on top here, 'the world of interiors')Facedown you get a better look at the odd petal shape of the plate. It's so useful having it here on the coffee table as another place to set a drink or snack without having to worry about staining a magazine or making a mess. Why didn't I think of this earlier?

11 comments:

Paul Pincus said...

china of the month! ... lol!

it's truly gorgeous!

My Notting Hill said...

Very nice piece - love the strong colors. Re: New Orleans, I'm with you. I'm 44 and I can't believe I haven't been there yet!

Renee Finberg said...

this plate reminds me of post i have benn meaning to do on that very color combination.
ha ha !!

no, really, the china plate is great.

thank you my love
xxx

Petra Voegtle said...

Lovely plate - I love beautiful china - have roamed the flee markets in England for many years some time ago and collected the one or other find. Today this is much more difficult...
Greetings, Petra

Style Redux 2 said...

Love the scallops.

Dawn said...

Oh, that's an sweet piece of Minton. How lovely to find a way to use & display it once again. Well done!

Cote de Texas said...

this reminds me of the masonware I collect. so pretty on top of the magazines - just where it belons!

pve design said...

oh what a pretty petal shape and pattern!

Janet said...

Such a beautiful dish...it definitely should not be hidden away in the cupboard. Just picked up the April 2009 World of Interiors...featuring Brice Marden's house. Fab-u-lous!

Rose C'est La Vie said...

i love th way you've staged this plate on W of I. Great photos, great plate, great magazine.

C.T. said...

LOVE IT!! :-)