Friday, October 24, 2008

Undecided Voters

My favorite funny man, David Sedaris, wrote this hysterical political observation in the New Yorker that I just had to share.

To put them in perspective (undecided voters), I think of being on an airplane. The flight attendant comes down the aisle with her food cart and, eventually, parks it beside my seat. “Can I interest you in the chicken?” she asks. “Or would you prefer the platter of sh*t with bits of broken glass in it? To be undecided in this election is to pause for a moment and then ask how the chicken is cooked."

"I wonder if, in the end, the undecideds aren’t the biggest pessimists of all. Here they could order the airline chicken, but, then again, hmm. “Isn’t that adding an extra step?” they ask themselves. “If it’s all going to be chewed up and swallowed, why not cut to the chase and go with the platter of sh*t?” Ah, though, that’s where the broken glass comes in."

I'm not taking official sides here on my blog (but I think you know who I'm voting for)- Yummy chicken........ Read the entire article HERE

3 comments:

columnist said...

Good story. You might enjoy this blog*, which I just came acrosss. I think you would know how I would vote too. If I could.*:
http://margaretandhelen.wordpress.com/

Living the life in The Little City said...

I read the article yesterday and it was hilarious.

Julio Muao said...

That is too funny. Thanks for the laugh.