Wednesday, June 4, 2008

when my ship comes in.......

Do you have plans for what you'll do 'when your ship comes in'? For me, I've always had just one plan - to buy a Cartier watch -the classic 'Tank Francaise'.This watch is the ultimate in design for me; clean, classic lines, beautiful craftsmanship and an integrated strap unlike so many watches that the beauty ends at the timepiece and a strap is just sort of thrown on as an afterthought. I also love that the dial is a sapphire and those matching blue hands!!As in everything, it's the little details that make the difference. Can you believe this watch was designed in 1910 and is still so modern? It's timeless!Of course, I would prefer a vintage white gold version, but that would have to be an AWFULLY big ship coming in......I don't think my dock is that large! I will gladly settle for the stainless steel version, new or vintage!! One of these days.......I'm sure you're all surprised I named a watch as my first 'I wish' item and not a piece of furniture, art or porcelain! What can I say, SURPRISE!

8 comments:

pve design said...

Time will tell! A Cartier Watch is also one of my favorites! May your dingy, boat, or ship come to shore - and a Cartier be yours.

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Thanks PVE!! much appreciated!

An Aesthete's Lament said...

When my ship comes in, I'm moving to Buenos Aires. Or maybe Saigon. Though if a smaller ship came in, I'd be happy with paying off my country-house mortgage.

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Oh, ya....I didn't even get into Real Estate -haha....but this would be the first, AAL!

Pigtown*Design said...

I had one of the beautiful little Cartier Tank watches, and when my house was robbed last year, it was taken. I am sure who-ever has it has no idea what it is.

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Oh how awful, PD! I'm so sorry :-(

ALL THE BEST said...

The tank watch is on my list too! Along with a Birkin, a 1988 Mercedes-Benz 560sl and a house in Mallorca! I don't want much ;-)

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Great taste, ATB! Start small though, baby steps! haha