Friday, April 18, 2008

Architectural Sketches

Spanish Fountain (1912)

John Singer Sargent is mainly known for his portraiture, but he also produced some beautiful architectural sketches and drawings as well. I suppose he had an eye for beauty wherever he could find it, similar to many of his contemporaries! University in Genoa (1908)
Venice La Dogana (1906-1911)
Escutcheon of Charles V of Spain (1912)
The Three Graces (1921) - bas-relief

You can enjoy the entire catalog of his work online at the John Singer Sargent Virtual Library!
Enjoy your weekend, everyone!!

4 comments:

Connie said...

Great post and wonderful art. I think all architects have a good eye for art.

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Wow,thanks Connie! I love your blog -thats a compliment coming from you!!

pve design said...

I would have loved to paint with Mr. Sargent for a day.
His work is stunning.
You, always find amazing things to post!

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Thanks, PVE! AS do you! I just post about whatever has grabbed my attention on any given day :-)